Are you considering adding on to your home? Whether you’re looking to expand an existing room or add an entirely new room, suite, or floor to your home – KBF can manage the entire process from start to finish.
KBF Design Gallery is a fully-licensed general contractor that can design and build your home addition. Our designers and skilled tradesman work from the initial design through the final build with one goal in mind – providing you with a finished space that will enhance your home and your life. We custom design your home addition to tailor it to your needs, your lifestyle, your home’s style, your design aesthetic and your vision for your home expansion.
At KBF, we know the best way to learn about you, your style, and your goals for your home addition is to meet with you in person. In order for that consultation to be as beneficial to you as possible, we’ll need some important information about your existing home before we meet. Here’s the information we’ll discuss with you during our initial phone call:
What is the purpose of the addition: bedroom(s), bathroom(s), kitchen, office, game room, in-law suite, etc.?
Is the addition a first-story addition, a second-story addition to an existing second story, or adding an entirely new second-story to an existing one-story home?
How many square feet do you want to add to your home?
What is the age of your home’s roof?
Do you have your existing home’s blueprints/plans?
Do you have a recent survey of your property?
Do you know of existing setbacks for your home’s lot?
Is your home in an HOA? If so, are the bylaws for the HOA available?
Does your home have city sewer or a septic system?
How long do you plan on staying in your home once the addition is complete?
What investment range are you considering for your addition?
Based on our discussion and your wish list, we can provide a parameter of cost for our turnkey home addition services.
KBF provides comprehensive design-to-build service for home additions, from the initial planning phase through to the interior design of the finished space and everything in between. Here’s a brief overview of the comprehensive services provided by KBF for a single-story addition:
– Identify municipal and applicable HOA construction & development guidelines.
– Determine property setbacks
– Identify property locations of existing utilities (water, sanitary, gas and electric as needed)
– Plans development including presenting 3D space plan options
– Final drawings
– Building and mechanical permitting
– Furnish all construction trades/labor and materials. All work to be permitted and completed by our licensed /professional tradesmen with architectural services where needed.
– Building: framing, roof system, drywall, flooring, plumbing, electric, mechanical, windows/doors, lighting, painting.